How Infrared Heating Works
Infrared Heat is the exact same energy behind the warmth we feel from the sun, even on cold winter days.
Infrared waves heat the objects around us and this heat radiates and warms our bodies. Because Infrared waves are thermal, we feel warm on the inside. Infrared waves work very effectively by first heating the outer-most layer of masonry in the walls and ceilings in a room. Most of this energy is then reflected back into the room. This results in substantial energy savings.
- Moisture in the air condenses on the cold walls, resulting in mould and dampness.
- Constant air movement circulates unhealthy dust and allergens.
- Temperature differences cause drafts as warm air rises and cold air falls.
- Heat is lost through insulation gaps in the walls and windows.
- Air in the room becomes dry, stuffy and unpleasant to be in.
- Expensive, inflexible and inefficient heating.
Advantages of Infrared Heating
- Physically heats the fabric of the room and the human body.
- Heat is stored within the room and released gradually.
- Objects and walls remain dry and give off heat.
- No air movement, therefore no dust circulation.
- Air is cooler, dust-free and much healthier.
- Highly energy efficient and controlled heating system.
- Economical to purchase and simple to install .
Health Benefits of Infrared Heating
- Humans have evolved with the capacity to absorb infrared heat, which in turn has a beneficial effect on our immune system.
- Infrared heat increases circulation in the skin, stimulates the metabolism, is very hygienic due to cleaner air and has a detoxifying effect.
- Redwell infrared heating units dehumidify walls and structures in your home preventing the development of mould and fungus.
- Rheumatoid patients respond to a lack of air circulation and a consistent humidity is very positive for their condition. Asthmatic patients also benefit from clean air and stable humidity.
- Allergy sufferers can breathe a deep sigh of relief because there is less dust, pollen, bacteria and mould spores in the air.
- Infrared heat has the advantage over other heating methods in that the emitted heat penetrates the human body to a greater extent.
- Infrared Heat is a cozy, warm and healthy heat that is very pleasant to experience and does not tire you out.